Our artists residence guidelines are inspiring and generating artistic debate/projects in relation to nature and environmental conciousness, degrowth, social issues and human rights, with special emphasis in woman´s rights.
Disciplines and media
- Painting, Sculpture, Photography, Visual Arts, Ceramics, Performing Arts, Music, Literature, Educational Programmes, Sewing, Design, Woodworking… all disciplines are welcomed
- Duration: 1 or 2 months*
- Nº Artists at one time: between 1 and 4
- Companions not allowed
- Some of our local artists may speak Italian, French or Portuguese among other languages
Expenses paid by artist
- Visa fees and procedures if needed
- Artistic Supplies
- Artistic Production
- Special Food Needs
- Bank transfer fees
- Daily living expenses
Our team will answer every application within 2 weeks, this period will start once we recieve all documents and information requeried to start the selection procedure.
- Common studio/atelier
- Assitance and artistic guidance
- Internet Connection
- Complete Kitchen
- Ecological Vegetable Garden
- Tools (consult us)
- Curatorial Support
- Working space
- Desktop (please bring your own pc)
- Basic food supplies (excluding special needs* and visit to Seville)
- Visits to Seville for cultural&artistic visits/activities (exhibition, ateliers, museums, etc.)
- Round Transport Service from Seville to Castilbalnco
- Lodging: AirGentum offers as a free courtesy to its artists in residence accommodation in their studios
- Curatorial Sesions with local experts/artists
- Extra visit to local artist studio
- Presentation of artists-in-residence work (may be arranged on a case-by-case basis)
- Transfer Service from Seville Airport or any other airport
Please consult us for Optional Services costs.
Airgentum Hoja de Ruta is a cultural project financed by subscription, through membership dues. Every artist in residence acquire the status of Airgentum Hoja de Ruta member. Membership subscription is 600€/month in residency*.
* 3 months stays may be available for special projects. Please check with us in case you think you may need it.
* Bicicle 50€ warranty deposit will be required
* Airgentum accommodation is not a rental apartment but a free courtesy for AIR memberships. However, AIR can opt to rent a self supported accommodation if they want to be accompanied by friends or relatives. AIR membership dues are the same.
*A deposit warranty payment will be required before arrival (150€). Once the artist has finished her/his AIR Programme deposit will be reimburse in case that materials, resources, atelier and common appliances have been appropiately used and not dammaged.
*AirGentum strongly recommends arstists to get both travel and medical insurances before starting their trip. For Non European Citizens these may be mandatory.
*Airgentum has a list of local artist collaborators and will offer you/the AIR group their availability in order to chose the best option for both parts.
* An exhibition/show/conference/colaboration may take place during the last week of your AIR stay: this is not mandatory and it may be not possible depending on many reasons (anticipation of artist application, special seasons like Semana Santa, Feria, San Benito Pilgrimage, Carnival, etc.). Artist covers materials/work production. Airgentum markets the event, set up the exhibition, sends press communicates advertising it through social media. As sooner we get your application confirmation the better to get in touch with galleries/art spaces in order to organize it!